- This event has passed.
November 16, 2020 - November 19, 2020
VENICE 2020 – 8th International Symposium on Energy from Biomass and Waste – will be held from 16th to 19th November 2020 at the Scuola Grande di San Giovanni Evangelista in Venice, Italy.
The production of energy from alternative sources and its impact on climate change are among the main strategic tools implicated in the sustainable development of our society. Numerous types of biomass and wastes contribute towards the production of energy and the reduction in the use of fossil fuels by means of biological, chemical and thermal processes. Existing biomass and waste to energy technologies are currently undergoing rapid development. Despite growing interest in the use of these technologies, in many countries their implementation remains limited.
The aim of Venice 2020 is to focus on the advances made in the application of technologies for energy recovery from biomass and waste and to encourage discussion in these fields.
The Symposium will last four days and will include oral sessions, workshops, a poster session, an exhibition by companies working in the field and technical tours at biochemical and thermochemical plants.
The following topics, among others, will be extensively discussed:
- Biomass and Waste Characterisation as a Potential Energy Source
- Renewable Fuel (Biogas, Biodiesel, Bioethanol, Liquified Gas, Etc.)
- Biological Waste to Energy (Anaerobic Digestion, Microbial Fuel Cell, Biofuel)
- Refuse-derived Fuel/Solid Recovered Fuel (Rdf/Srf)
- Thermal Treatment (Combustion, Pyrolysis, Gasification and Others)
- Residues from Waste-to-energy
- Economic Aspects
- Decision Tools
- Policies and Legal Aspects
- Climate Change and Sink
- Ecotoxicological Aspects and Health Issues
- Public Acceptance
- Experiences and New Developments
- Developing Countries
- Thermochemical Processes
- Mass and Energy Balances
- Process Modelling
- Fuel Upgrading
- Waste-to-energy, Society and Architecture
The call for abstracts is open until 28th February 2020.
Detailed instructions for the submission are available on the official website at www.venicesymposium.it/en/call-for-abstracts
For further information, please contact the Organisers at email@example.com
Tel. +39 049 8726986
Please note that starting from 27th February 2020, we are no longer accepting new media partnership proposals. Thank you for your interest!