- This event has passed.
May 18, 2020 - May 20, 2020
SUM 2020 – 5th Symposium on Urban Mining and Circular Economy – will be held from 18th to 20th May 2020 at the School of Engineering and Architecture of the University of Bologna, Italy.
The event will focus on the concept of Urban Mining and Circular Economy and the need to look beyond separate collection and the current logic of consumers responsibility, resulting in an increased recovery of resources, better quality of the same, improved environmental protection, involvement of producer responsibility and lower costs for society.
The Symposium will last three days and will include oral sessions, workshops, a Start-Up pitching sessions, a poster session and a technical tour.
The following topics, among others, will be extensively discussed:
- Valorisation of Materials and Resources
- Appropriate Technology for Materials Recovery
- Economic and Financial Aspects
- Policy and Legal Aspects
- Education and Social Aspects
- Tools and Instruments for Urban Mining Enhancement
- Critical Emergent Aspects
- Waste Architecture and Urban Space
- Urban Mining and Circular Economy Concepts in Emerging and Developing Countries
The call for papers is open until 31st January 2020.
Detailed instructions for the submission are available on the official website at www.urbanmining.it/en/call-for-papers
For further information, please contact the Organisers at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel. +39 049 8726986
Please note that starting from 27th February 2020, we are no longer accepting new media partnership proposals. Thank you for your interest!