Following the incredible success of Sardinia 2015 / Arts Edition, which saw the participation of 732 delegates from more than 70 different countries from all the continents, we are proud to announce the 30th Anniversary of Sardinia Symposia, the reference forum for the international community since 1987.
Sardinia 2017 promises to be the most international and largest event of the year in the field of Waste Management and Landfilling. In line with tradition, the 16th edition of the conference will focus on advances of Waste Management science and technologies, presenting case studies and discussing key controversial subjects, sharing experiences from different countries, and assessing social and economical balances.
The conference will include oral sessions and specialised workshops for a total of eight parallel tracks, parallel events, practical design workshops, business to business meetings, discussion forums, a continuously accessible poster area and a wide exhibition space for companies working in the field of Waste Management. Prior to the start of the Symposium, training courses will be offered by IWWG.
In the prestigious contest of the Sardinia Symposium the WA sessions will provide the setting for in-depth discussion aimed not only at environmental professionals, but also experts in architecture, and urban and landscape design, and will represent an opportunity to come into contact with the world-leading experts in the field of waste management.
The WA Sessions will focus mainly on the following topics:
– Architecture of buildings for waste treatment (Waste to energy plants, incinerators, …)
– Functional requalification of old and new landfill sites
– Landfill mining for land reuse and remediation of degraded land
– Integration of pneumatic waste collection system in the urban space
– Design of facilities for separate collection systems, transfer stations, etc…
– Locations for waste disposal and relationships with the city
– Waste Architecture and circular economy (Reuse Centres, …)