Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) for Renewable Energy (Johannesburg)
September 3 - September 6
Dates & Locations:
3 – 6 September 2019, Johannesburg
21 – 24 October 2019, Dubai
The global renewable electricity generation capacity is growing with an unprecedented speed. Half of the growth in the power production across the globe is coming from renewables, led by wind, solar PV, and hydropower. Within the next 5 years the share of renewable technologies meeting global energy demand will reach 30% of the total world electricity generation.
Renewables growth accelerates in many regions in the world. Not only in the leading countries such as the US, China, the European Union Member States and India but also in other regions, from Latin America to sub-Saharan Africa, the Middle East and Asia.
A policy shift towards competitive pricing mechanism drives renewables growth. For the first time, more than half of renewable electricity capacity is expected to be commissioned through competitive auctions, which continue to slash wind and solar PV bid prices to between USD 20 per megawatt hour (MWh) and USD 50/MWh.
Overall, continuous cost reductions are expected to make renewables more competitive with new coal and natural gas plants in an increasing number of countries.
The introduction of additional competitive auctions for long-term power purchase agreements (PPAs) in key countries; and a growing private or corporate PPA market that takes advantage of wind and solar PV cost reductions, will be a very interesting instruments to further deploy renewable power projects.
Even with renewable energy technologies becoming increasingly competitive, appropriate policies and market design are critical. Governments should introduce measures to tackle policy and regulatory uncertainties as well as grid integration and financing challenges.
During this intensive and highly interactive four-day hands-on course we will provide a comprehensive guidance and tips and tricks with regards to successfully negotiating and signing a bankable renewable PPAs.
Key Learning Objectives
- UNDERSTAND the impact of the fast growing renewable part in the energy mix
- LEARN about the essentials of the different Renewable PPAs
- KNOW how to execute a risk assessment for a renewable PPA
- LEARN how to structure a successful and bankable PPA contract
- HAVE a clear insights in how to negotiate a PPA that works
Who Should Attend
- Contract / Agreements Specialists
- Legal / Regulation / Policy Analysts
- Business Development Managers
- Commercial Managers
- Finance Controllers / Treasurers
- Corporate Planners
- Business & Accounting Analysts
- Sales & Trading Managers
- Structured / Trade Finance Managers
- Project Managers
- Chairman / CEO / Directors
- Electric Regulators & Ministries
- Power & Utility Companies
- IPP Developers & Renewables
- Banks / Investors
- Energy Supply Companies (Oil, Gas, Coal and Renewables)
- Law Firms & Consultancy
Upon the successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion bearing the signatures from both the Course Director and the Course Organizer. This Certificate will testify your endeavor and serve towards your professional advancement.
To register/enquire, please contact:
Are You Organising an Event?
We are happy to include your event on our calendar. Please send us the information to: email@example.com