- This event has passed.
Microgrid Global Innovation Forum
September 9 - September 11
The microgrid opportunity around the world continues to grow significantly. One recent report forecasts a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12% between 2016-2022, reaching $35 billion by 2022.* The reasons for this expected positive development include the falling cost of solar energy, advances in energy storage, the drive to mitigate climate change, and the cost savings associated with minimising fossil fuels in remote generation systems. In addition, microgrids will play a central role in bringing electrification to rural and developing regions in which access to reliable, clean and affordable energy is a high priority.
The 10th edition of the Microgrid Global Innovation Forum, September 9-11, 2019 in London, focuses on microgrid advances, case studies and applications in EMEA, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America. Organised by the Smart Grid Observer, the emphasis is on maximising the effective use of renewable and distributed energy resources, refining the positive business model for a range of microgrid deployments, and sharing real-world case studies in both grid-tied and off-grid/remote environments.
Topics to be addressed include:
- Microgrid feasibility, design, and implementation
- Refining the business case for off-grid, remote, and island microgrids
- Solar + storage advances
- Project financing and investor perspectives
- Determining the correct technology mix for hybrid energy systems
- Advanced battery, fuel cell, and flow battery technologies
- Microgrid power control, management, and integration
- Integrating distributed renewable energy resources into the grid
- Effective project evaluation, implementation, and management
- Regulatory and public policy advances
- Standards and interoperability issues
- Market drivers and opportunities worldwide
- Utilising renewables-centric microgrids to achieve climate change goals
- and more
Are You Organising an Event?
We are happy to include your event on our calendar. Please send us the information to: firstname.lastname@example.org