- This event has passed.
Mastering Solar Power
July 8 - July 11
A comprehensive, up-to-date and business-focused roadmap to success in delivering solar power growth, today and tomorrow.
Attendees will leave with a good understanding the key factors from an integrated, multidisciplinary and commercial viewpoint, including: target market analysis, economic competitiveness, channels-to-market, financing influences and risk, project development processes, best practices and emerging technologies.
The course schedule includes time to work in groups to apply the learning and illustrate key project development considerations, by discussing, developing and quantifying an initial business proposal for a solar PV power plant. To do so, attendees will utilise energy yield, financial and other simple calculations, along with the chance to debate key planning and market environment considerations.
In keeping with the business-focused theme of the course, these illustrative exercises are designed to provide time-efficient clarification of the key course takeaways, aimed at commercially-focused business developers and investors. They are therefore accessible to nonexperts, not designed to replicate the complex or in-depth detailed planning undertaken – over much longer periods! – by engineers and technical teams.
Benefits of Attending
- Speak the language of solar energy: terminology and concepts explained with clarity and relevance
- Understand the key variables determining the economics of solar PV projects
- Review current and emerging market opportunities for solar PV, including integrations such as energy storage
- Learn and discuss how financial returns and risks arise in PV projects
- Be better able to converse with project partners, suppliers, investors, policymakers and other stakeholders
- Know what to look for when evaluating PV project opportunities
- Identify key investment and project performance risks
- Learn how to analyse and critique current and emerging business models
Topic Highlights with Case Studies
- The Essential Elements of A Successful Solar Power Project
- Valuing Solar Power in Wholesale Electricity Markets and the Energy Mix
- Selling Utility-Scale Solar Electricity: the Growing Channel-to-Market Options
- Markets and Opportunities for Distributed and Captive Solar Power
- Technology and Performance Trends in Solar Power
- Understanding Weather Risk for Solar Energy
- Project Planning Group Work Exercise: Annual Energy Potential
- Project Planning Group Work Exercise: System Components & Performance
- Solar Power Project Development and Delivery
- Dispatchable Solar Power Projects (and the Value of Storage)
- Integrated Solar Power Projects, Including Microgrids
- Project Planning Group Work Exercise: Development Opportunities & Risks
- Financing Solar Power Projects
- Project Planning Group Work Exercise: Competitive Bidding
- Project Planning Group Work Exercise: Summary Presentation
- The Future of Solar: New Value-Chain Opportunities & Competition
Who Should Attend
This course is ideal if:
- You are working within the power sector in a commercial or business development role. You need a clearly explained, multi-faceted understanding of how PV projects are developed and why and how they succeed (or fail), including how market and technology changes are driving new innovation opportunities along with new competitive risks
- You are from the investment, policy or professional services community. You need to embrace the inevitable growth of solar energy, and want to gain an independent perspective on the economic environment in which these projects operate, including the development, operational and business risks that most matter to them.
Including but not limited to:
- Investors, including commercial and development banks, venture capital and private equity
- Power generation companies, utilities and IPPs
- Policy makers and policy advisors
- Transmission/Distribution system operators
- Commercial services suppliers (law, insurance etc.)
- Equipment vendors & EPC contractors
- Large energy users and electricity buyers
The agenda will combine presented materials with plenty of opportunity for Q&A, interactive discussions, and the use of quantitative models to illustrate key learning points. Current market examples and data are utilised wherever helpful.
Upon the successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion bearing the signatures from both the Course Director and the Course Organiser. This Certificate will testify your endeavour and serve towards your professional advancement.
To Register/Enquire, Please Contact
Infocus International Group
Are You Organising an Event?
We are happy to include your event on our calendar. Please send us the information to: email@example.com