- This event has passed.
Gas & LNG Markets, Contracts & Pricing
September 28, 2020 - October 2, 2020
Due to the complex geopolitical nature of gas/ LNG sourcing and long term nature of gas transactions between buyers and sellers, it is commercially prudent for those involved in this process to know the global gas & LNG supply & markets condition, available methodologies for price determination, contract structure and negotiation techniques. Any misjudgement in any of these areas could result in wrong sourcing decisions, significant adverse financial consequences and legal liabilities.
This course has, therefore, been designed to enable the professionals in the gas sector and gas advisory services to make right sourcing decision, construct gas/LNG contracts and negotiate from a position of strength and knowledge in order to gain a competitive edge in the process.
- Global gas/LNG market and market structure in Asia Pacific, Africa, Middle East, Europe and USA regions
- Current gas/LNG outlook and trends
- Contract terminology and construction – operational, commercial and legal basis of gas, LNG and Gas Transportation Contracts
- Principles of gas/LNG Sales and Purchase Agreement (GSPA/SPA), Gas Transportation Agreement (GTA) and Regasification Agreements
- Gas/LNG pricing principles, current practice and price indexation in competitive gas markets
- Contracting and negotiation – proven techniques
Benefits of Attending
- Background knowledge to framework to facilitate gas/LNG commercial decisions
- Understanding current trends of the gas organisation structure
- Knowledge of the underlying rationale for gas contract terms and conditions
- Learn to construct gas, LNG and gas transportation contracts and negotiate them
- Understanding of techniques of gas/LNG price setting in competitive markets
- Awareness of operation of trading hubs, spot and arbitrage
- Holistic understanding of what is required to put a new supply chain in place
Who Should Attend
Energy professionals including but not limited to:
- Purchasing/Supply Chain
- Legal/Contracts Negotiation
- Sales/Business Development
- Project Finance
- Corporate Planning
- Natural gas E&P
- Gas/LNG trade, shipping, transmission, distribution
- Government agencies
- Gas based power generation
- Gas/LNG related project finance, asset management, hedge funds, equity/fixed income
- Gas pipeline and high pressure transportation
Upon the successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion bearing the signatures from both the Course Director and the Course Organiser. This Certificate will testify your endeavour and serve towards your professional advancement.
To register/enquire, please contact:
Please note that starting from 27th February 2020, we are no longer accepting new media partnership proposals. Thank you for your interest!