The GALM Manufacturing Innovation Summit, is North America’s leading event on automotive manufacturing innovation and processes, bringing together senior engineers and technology specialists from major OEMs at the forefront of lightweight multi-material structures, joining and forming, as well as adoption of digitalisation and industry 4.0.
An ALL NEW agenda is designed specifically to address the manufacturability challenges involved with the latest generation of lightweight ICEVs, BEVs and PHEVs, providing solutions to the way forward with advanced manufacturing and engineering innovation to cut costs and reduce process complexity.
2020 OEM-Led Speaker Panel
- Youssef Ziada, Technical Specialist, Digital Manufacturing, CAE
- Ford Motor Company
- Andrzej Wylezinski PE Structural Engineering Manager, Wabash National Corp.
- Venkat Aitharaju, Senior Staff Researcher, Polymer Composites, R&D Technical Center, Principal Investigator, Dept. of Energy Project, General Motors
- Elie Tohme, Director, Body Engineering, Research & Development, Strategic Planning, Karma Automotive
- Lei Shi, Senior Chief Engineer and Director of Vehicle Attributes, Qoros Auto
- Gregor Eckhard, CEO, MultiMaterial-Welding
- Matthias Mitter, Category Manager, Bossard
- Ing. Fouad el Khaldi, Strategy and Innovation General Manager, ESI Group
- Brandt Ruszkiewicz, Lead Development Engineer, Semblex Corp.
- Boris Baeumler, Senior Applications Engineer, DEPRAG
- Lauren Wilk, Vice President, Policy & International Trade, The Aluminum Association
- John Catterall, Executive Director, Auto / Steel Partnership (A/SP)
- Hesham Ezzat, Senior Technical Consultant, Automotive Program (formerly Engineering Group Manager, General Motors), American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI)
- Edwin Pope, Global Lightweighting Principal Analyst (formerly Vehicle Performance Engineer), IHS Markit
Highlights of the 2020 Agenda
- High quality, energy efficient approaches in forming, joining and welding
- Application of innovation initiatives from the aerospace and defence industries
- Solving real world challenges in joining and welding dissimilar materials including composites, hybrid, laminated materials, and polycarbonates
- Structural adhesive bonding for optimised lightweighting
- Enhancing manufacturability of high strength metals, stamping and hot forming
- Scaling up additive manufacturing applications for vehicle mass production
- Advances in multi scale simulation for effective modelling of joining processes and lower manufacturing cost
- Reducing costs in ICEV, BEV and PHEV manufacturing with Industry 4.0, AI and digital twin with flexible lines and cells for variable production volumes and vehicle type
- Vehicle development and manufacture for zero emission life cycle, environmental sustainability and increased adoption of recyclable materials and alternatives to plastics
For a full agenda and details of our key speakers visit www.global-lightweight-vehicle-manufacturing.com