- This event has passed.
Clean Energy Opportunity & Risk Analysis
November 25, 2019 - November 27, 2019
Clean energy will increasingly have to build business cases with decreasing (or no) policy subsidy – which means greater market exposure. It also exists in market environments seeing rapid technological innovation and the blurring of competitive boundaries.
This course will help you to think more comprehensively about market and risk analysis, by encouraging you to do so in a structured way and with example tools that you can take away and immediately tailor to the specifics of your own business.
In particular, this course will present and illustrate a systematic approach which considers not just current market conditions and project deliverability, but also business sustainability (adaptability) in the face of future market change. We call this approach “CODA” analysis, since it combines current market conditions with the outlook for market change, helping guide you towards a project which is both deliverable and adaptable.
Specifically tailored to the clean energy sector, you will identify key factors in market opportunities and
business risks, connect aspects of current planning with future risks and examine ways to formalise the
analysis process (for example through methods such as checklists, scorecards and risk maps).
Although the course will use specific and up-to-date examples to illustrate key concepts and learning points, it’s important to note that the aim of the course is not to provide single, simple answers to every specific challenge facing every different clean energy business developer or investor. Indeed, beware of anyone who tells you such simple answers exist! Instead the course encourages and helps you to think more comprehensively about market and risk analysis, in a structured way and with example tools that you can take away and immediately tailor to the specifics of your own business.
In addition to the presented materials, there will also be plenty of time dedicated to thinking for yourself, working on sample documents and discussing key issues and outcomes with the trainer and other attendees. As a result, this will be an intensive and highly interactive three days.
Benefits of Attending
The course will:
- Introduce a clean-energy-focused analysis framework which links current market conditions and market outlook, with project delivery and adaptability
- Provide a systematic approach to assessing market opportunities for new projects and/or products
- Provide a systematic approach to assessing (and planning for) key risk factors
- Examine opportunity and risk from both current and future perspectives, including how the two interconnect
- Provide an approach to market and project analysis (applicable to a wide variety of business objectives), which enables you to better focus your forward-planning, multi-disciplinary discussions and requirements for further data-gathering and research
You will leave with:
- A clearer understanding of the key business opportunity and risk influences
- A more comprehensive view of the market and competitive context of clean energy businesses
- Sample tools and documents to adapt to your own business needs
- A better foundation from which to identify and bring together the key inputs both from within and external to your organisation
Topic Highlights with Case Studies
Day 1: Market Drivers & Market Change
- Introducing a Market & Business Analysis Framework
- Key Elements in Current Market Analysis
- Defining & Investigating Market Outlooks
- Vital Clean Energy Trends (Examples)
Day 2: Structured Approaches to Analysis
- Comparing Options: Creating a Scorecard
- Understanding the Determinants of Technology Competition
- Identifying & Minimising Risks to Delivery
- What Could Go Wrong? (And Does It Matter?)
Day 3: Business Case Resilience
- Show Me The Money
- Creating Adaptable Projects
- Weighing Up Adaption, Outlook Opportunity & Risk
- Closing Discussion
Who Should Attend
The course is valuable to anyone involved in developing business strategy, assessing new market opportunities or identifying and managing the risks in new project or product business cases. Particularly relevant roles include:
- Energy sector finance & investment
- Clean power project development
- Cleantech product development
- Energy sector professional services, including legal, insurance and consulting
Upon the successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion bearing the signatures from both the Course Director and the Course Organiser. This Certificate will testify your endeavour and serve towards your professional advancement.
To Register/Enquire, Please Contact
Infocus International Group
Please note that starting from 27th February 2020, we are no longer accepting new media partnership proposals. Thank you for your interest!