Brand New Mastering Solar Power Workshop for 2020
This 2020, Infocus International Group is bringing you Mastering Solar Power workshop from the 13 – 16 July 2020 at Singapore. The course is ideal but not limited to professionals from investment community or who are working within the power sector in a commercial or business development role.
Attendees will leave with a good understanding of the key factors from an integrated, multidisciplinary and commercial viewpoint, including: target market analysis, economic competitiveness, channels-to-market, financing influences and risk, project development processes, best practices and emerging technologies.
The course schedule includes time to work in groups to apply the learning and illustrate key project development considerations, by discussing, developing and quantifying an initial business proposal for a solar PV power plant. To do so, attendees will utilise energy yield, financial and other simple calculations, along with the chance to debate key planning and market environment considerations.
In keeping with the business-focused theme of the course, these illustrative exercises are designed to provide time-efficient clarification of the key course takeaways, aimed at commercially-focused business developers and investors. They are therefore accessible to nonexperts, not designed to replicate the complex or in-depth detailed planning undertaken – over much longer periods! – by engineers and technical teams.
- Speak the language of solar energy: terminology and concepts explained with clarity and relevance
- Understand the key variables determining the economics of solar PV projects
- Review current and emerging market opportunities for solar PV, including integrations such as energy storage
- Navigate the typical project development requirements, processes and risks
- Learn and discuss how financial returns and risks arise in PV projects
- Be better able to converse with project partners, suppliers, investors, policymakers and other stakeholders
- Know what to look for when evaluating PV project opportunities
- Identify key investment and project performance risks
- Learn how to analyse and critique current and emerging business models