The European Steam Turbine Users Conference is an open and interactive user forum designed to tackle strategic and technical challenges for steam turbine users.
In an evolving operational, market and regulatory environment, steam turbine fleets face new flexibility and reliability challenges. Ageing fleets, originally designed for baseload operation, must now adapt while continuing to maximise performance and lifetime profitability.
With a core focus on how operators can maintain flexible, efficient, and robust operations, the European Steam Turbine Users Conference has been designed to bring together the international steam turbine community – from owners and operators, to OEMs and third party service providers – for open discussion, benchmarking, information exchange, and networking.
Confirmed Speakers and Panelists:
- Matthias Humer, Global Unit Generation, E.ON
- Arjan van der Stigchel, Ruwais Power Company
- Seth Muthuruman, Scottish & Southern Energy, UK
- Mark Shipley, Marsh Risk Consulting
- Luke Varley, Drax, UK
- Stuart Walker, Scottish Power, UK
- Ronald Janzee, Advituro, Netherlands
Key topics will include:
- Fleet modernisation and retrofit projects
- Putting in place an effective O&M plan to ensure steam turbine maintenance interval extension
- Degradation and failure case studies
- Fleet integrity assessments
- Managing operational risk
- Insurance industry guidance and risk appetite
- OEM technology updates
- Contracting and the OEM
- Technical, operational and risk considerations for ageing assets
- Outage management best practice
Regardless of your industry, specific turbine design, technology, complexity, application, operating conditions, and size, this event is designed to tackle strategic and technical themes, allowing you to improve steam turbine performance and efficiency.
For more information and to register please visit: http://goo.gl/GkhsKf